These are recommendations that can be suitable for any IT Professional in almost any organization.
- IT professionals should work closely with the business professionals to create plans to make sure the areas of strategy, policy, and governance stay aligned.
- IT strategies, policies, and governance should be tailored in such a way that it meets the objective, mission, and vision of the business.
- As technology evolves, IT professionals should increase their knowledge and apply that new knowledge to their profession.
- IT and business professionals should frequently review their strategies, policies, and governance to ensure that they are working effectively to meet the goals of both units.
- Be open and accepting of changes that may occur within both the IT unit and the overall business.
- Take advantage of training opportunities.